Wheelie bin cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've made a triple wheel bin cover. Any tips on the best way to connect the bin lid to the cover lid? I realize I have to use a chain of sorts but not sure the best way to connect the chain to the plastic bin lid. It's got to be easy to remove from the plastic lid on bin day.

Sponsored Links
as in a tray that sits on the bins
or a lid that is supported on a structure that hinges separately
or other construction ???

not sure what you mean by tray. I've made a housing that has a wooden lid, When I open the wooden lid I need it to also open the plastic lid of the wheel bin inside.

ok your description is a cover
this can be fully enclosed partly enclosed or another situation
we dont know
the description off "lid" or tray is to try and find the actual situation as to what is required

Sponsored Links
Maybe consider drilling the bin lid 'lip' (if it's like mine) big enough to allow a hook on the end of a chain through?
Easy enough to disconnect it come emptying time.
John :)

that's what I would do assuming that the idea is that you open the enclosure lid and the bin lid opens at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back