when and how do i bleed my pump

croydoncorgi said:
Maybe somewhere there's s HUGE amount of air getting heated up and expanding.....

Have all the rads been properly bled (with CH OFF)?

And does the level in the F&E drop a long way from the overflow point as the system cools? (Without a large air volume present somewhere, this sounds unlikely....).

blockage or pump :LOL:

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:

So it appears you can't describe a mechanism for a blockage causing the symptoms described. What a surprise! :rolleyes:

O.k. if hot water is emptying into f&e it can still be termed as pumping over, the boiler thermostat may have failed,( overheat) sludge built up on heat exchanger or the pump may have failed. All these symptoms would result in the water forcing itself up cold/expansion, my money is on a blockage/ stat failure How do you like them apples? I have just provided you with the mechanism causing such symptoms, would you like to tell me otherwise ;)( unfortunately I am not in front of boiler so unable to verify boiler stat is working correctly) :rolleyes: Next question abuse removed

+++++
Can you ease off on the rude comments and trying to wind each other up please. If not I shall remove the posts of no value and the abusive ones.

Mod Rupert
+++++

fair enough Rupert but I would appreciate you removing the term`abuse deleted`at no time has anyone been abused verbally. Calm it down Fellah ;)

Perhaps you don't understand what I mean by a mechanism. Take a failed pump for example. Why would that cause the symptoms described? it's not enough just to say it causes it, you have to explain the process stage by stage, just as Croydoncorgi did earlier.

Hey, Rupert, you seem to be in a bad mood tonight. Want to talk about it?

++++
I was in a good mood until I tripped over all the garbage on this thread.
M R
++++

Bamber gaspipe said:
If the pump fails the system will overheat,
Why so? Won't the boiler thermostat operate as normal? Or is that broken too?

Sponsored Links
The OP has set the scene not me,the symptoms suggested I have already given an opinion on ;) Like I said I cannot confirm wether his boiler stat is working or not..read my posts properly. ;)

++++++++++++
Have deleted several posts as earlier warned.

Mod Rupert
++++++++++++

We're seeing yet another schizophrenic set of posts, viz:

Bamber gaspipe said:
if you would like to ask me about how a pumped heating & gravity circs system works go ahead ... Wanna ask me about installation ..go ahead
Bamber gaspipe said:
...i can`t be bothered going into the implications, haven`t got time to lead you through your plumbing certificate.
:rolleyes:
For the record, Rupert, I have the right to point out when someone has issued some abuse, if I do it in a non-abusive manner. And I especially have the right to do so when that person has posted the barefaced lie that he has not issued any abuse; the same person who pretends to be a newbie, but is clearly not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back