When buying a shower unit.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
and spending 70quid on a shower unit, one expected to find a couple of screws to fix the shower head unit surely?

*shakes head in disbelief*

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you didn't just misplace them when you got everything out of the box? Have you checked every possible place for them? Manufacturers sometimes put fixings in the stupidest of places just to save on a bit of space.

nope, it states on the sides that screws have to be bought separately. I got it at Argos and am not the kind that takes things back to shops. It shouldn't be too hard to find the right screws, i'm just flabagasted that they weren't provided.

"How is this an electrical question?"

well because i wasn't such a bright spark!

Sponsored Links
thing is they dont know what you are fixing it to do they?

screws ok for timber, no use for plasterbaord

breezer said:
thing is they dont know what you are fixing it to do they?

screws ok for timber, no use for plasterbaord
Traditionally they would include a few all-purpose wallplugs and screws to fit them. Though I normally use my own wallplugs with plenty of barbs on them. Nice tight grip.

Half the time you don't know what size screws and plugs you will need until after you've drilled the holes for the fixing and assessed the materials you have drilled through

The best fixing solution is different for every job, even if the materials are the same. Variables include thickness of tiles and plaster, types of bricks or blocks, mortar joints, dot& dab 'board, positions of studwork etc. etc.

If they do provide plugs and screws to fix the thing to a brick wall, and it falls off a plasterboard wall because someone used the screws provided, who's in trouble then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back