When is this going to stop?

Some dogs are nasty and should be on a short lead and muzzled when in a public place.
Some dogs behave badly. But they only do that because the owners let them.

Owners have a responsibility to train their dogs, for their own good and that of others.

But so many think that owning a dog means just paying for the dog and feeding them, nothing more.

You only have to watch these bad dogs programmes to see how badly behaved some of them are. And incredibly, the owners, instead of training the badly behaved dog, modify their behaviour or put up with it.

Unbelievable.

Sponsored Links
You can never stop this happening altogether.

Same as driving without insurance and injuring or killing someone.

But you can put in place what you can to lessen the incidence.
Maybe you could tell us how you can 'lessen the incidence' without banning dogs?

As soon as a new one is added to the banned list, another breed appears...

But they all pose a risk..

The level of attacks have increased due to more dogs being 'owned'...

Another one of those 'virus' impacts amongst other reasons!

So it's not exactly rocket science to work out how to virtually eliminate the problem!

I have very rarely come across a dog that I would say is well trained and under the control of its owner. An exception was in the park yesterday was a german shepherd), that walked perfectly to heel. By contrast a mate owns a husky that just does its own thing because of its inherent wolf like traits

Sponsored Links
???

I don't understand ..the drivers have minds of their own...

Ellal asked how the incidence could be lessened without banning dogs.

I had already explained how.

The authorities have systems in place to minimise the incidence of injury or death due to cars.

I was merely suggesting similar systems that could be put in place regarding dogs.

Both cars and dogs have the potential to cause injury or death to others.

Why shouldn't dog owners be subject to registration (neck chip in dog) and the requirement for public liability insurance?

Both cars and dogs have the potential to cause injury or death to others.

Quite, BUT

a car can do nothing without a driver (except in the most unlikely of circumstances).

A dog can do what it likes: owner / keeper present, or not.

Unless you're proposing muzzling dogs at all times, including on and in private settings, they can and will continue to harm, and to kill.
That is the reason we have guard dogs (the very real threat, acts as a deterrent).

I refer you back to #1.

Ellal asked how the incidence could be lessened without banning dogs.

I had already explained how.
Licensing of firearms didn't work out so well did it...

But an effective ban has reduced the use...

Now a firearm can be concealed by a criminal...

Could a dog be concealed?

Why shouldn't dog owners be subject to registration (neck chip in dog) and the requirement for public liability insurance?
Would that magic chip/insurance stop a dog maiming/killing in the first place?

And how many people hate a dog bounding up at them, especially kids who by default are at eye level...

The owner invariably claims 'it's just being friendly'!

If a person lunged at you, bared their teeth, tried to sniff your arse/groin, would you say that person is 'just being friendly'?

If a person lunged at you, bared their teeth, tried to sniff your arse/groin, would you say that person is 'just being friendly'?
Dogs don’t lunge at you, bare their teeth and try to sniff another dogs arse at the same time. They either lunge to attack/warn you/them off or if they sniff another dogs arse, it’s the equivalent of a human handshake.

Anyway, there are still some idiotic non-complying owners of XL Bullies about. We came across one this morning. Yes, he was on a lead and yes he was muzzled but the person I was walking with said that one wasn’t complying with the law. I asked her how she knew and she said it still had its nuts.

Sponsored Links
Back