Where can I buy.....?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I need 2 padstones 100x200x100 DP Concrete padstones. Where can I get this size of padstone ? (My local merchants only stock other size which are too wide for my wall which is 100mm block).

Thanks,

P.J. :D

Sponsored Links
You can use concrete pre-stressed lintels, which are available in many sizes (including 100mm). All you then need to do is to cut it to your required length.:cool:
A possible alternative is to use engineering bricks laid where required.
If your work is under building regs, consult your inspector about youre idea. :D

Julio,

Thanks for the advice. I happen to have a concrete lintel lying around so if the Build Regs guy says OK then I'll use that.

Job's a good 'un.

Cheers,

P.J.

Hopefully, should be ok.
The only problem could be the depth of the lintel. See what he says.
The main job of a pad stone is to take the point loads of large beams/lintels etc. Without the padstone they could fracture/ crush the blockwork.

Good luck m8

Sponsored Links
Dear ALl,

Just for info, my building control guy said a concrete lintel is fine, and that the 200mm length I was quoted by my structural engineer is an absolute minimum, so I'll make them 300mm long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back