Where do I stand

Sponsored Links
Bit of a minefield this one......the op has a contract with the installer not with the manufacturer, that said if the boiler was installed correctly and the op has failed to maintain it i can't see a court finding for the op, that said! if the boiler has a manufacturing fault then they may order the installer to fix/repair.......he will then have a claim on the manufacturer of the boiler.......

Lesson of this one OP is to ensure it is serviced.......every year

I think!

We read this over and over again that home owners dont bother to get their boilers serviced.

In this case, even if the installer had made a mistake, the OP has a duty to mitigate the losses. Had he serviced the boiler after 12 months the damage might have been retrievable. Now it may not!

Actually the OP has a trump card! He should make it clear to the installer that if Ariston decide they will not cover the damage then you will be taking legal action against the installer on account of a faulty installation.

You must get them to choose if it was faulty installation OR faulty boiler design.

Tony

Sponsored Links
2. Has anyone else experienced this

Can you take a photo looking sideways at the top of the boiler. Also looking at the flue from the outside! It could be that there isn't a slope on the flue pipe which is causing condensate to pool. Another possibility is that there was some swarf on the seal which causes condensate to leak. If the seal has somehow perished then do you argue its a manufacturer fault.
I agree with the other comments that if a boiler is serviced every 12months you can catch some faults before they become serious.

I am FUMING

The plumber who came out on behalf of Ariston was fantastic and recommended Ariston send a new boiler. He found extensive corrosion and condensation inside the boiler. When he ran the boiler steam was pouring out of the boiler. Ariston said they'll contact me for a delivery.

The plumber later phoned me and said someone at Ariston had contaced him and told him they'll phone me as he wanted to come out to check the boiler as they've been told to clamp down on sending replacement boilers.

The plumber then phoned me and said can I meet him as the man from Ariston wanted him to send photos and he'll then make a decision then and there. After the photos were sent the man at Ariston sugested the damage could be from the burner mixture not set right BUT the plumber with me disagreed with every point and said he'll send the boiler back and was sure the man on the other end of the phone would agree with him.

It was left with the man at Ariston saying he'll phone tomorrow.

Another night with no heating or hot water. Customer care I think not!!!!

Generally speaking Ariston dont make very good boilers, we had a site of 32 rffis combis and they were crap. Ariston technical wasn't much help and theres no such thing as Ariston engineers they just employ a 3rd party company who no less about the boilers than the installer.

The manufacturers warranty states that for the guarantee to be valid you must have the boiler serviced/checked on its first birthday.
At this point the combustion analysis readout would be compared to the original from when the boiler was commissioned. It is worth noting that Corgi required us as a company to buy a combustion analyzer to commission the site of ariston boilers as they felt the boilers couldn't be setup right without said device.

Really you haven't a leg to stand on, the installer gaurentee expired after 12mths, The manufacturers warranty is null and void due to your non
performance in contract law of their conditions.

Your best bet is just to have a new non-ariston boiler fitted.

Or you embark on a costly legal case, either way its going to cost you more money.

After reading all the "advise" given I'm surprised nobody has suggested the insurance, I've been involved in more than one job where householders have claimed replacement boilers because theirs' have rusted through because of a water leak.

Going on their response I would suggest it's a know problem, and the OP has a very good case for a new boiler, including fitting costs.

Going on their response I would suggest it's a know problem, and the OP has a very good case for a new boiler, including fitting costs.
That would give him 2 years to save up for a proper boiler. :LOL: :LOL:

13:54 and still no phone call from Ariston.

I phoned customer care and the man I need to see in in training.

Both the plumber and Ariston care have left messages on his answer phone, while I haven't washed my arse since Sunday

:oops:

I think ariston deserve a pat on the back. They could of easily have walked away on a number of points, no first service, out of warranty(albeit a bit) and a fault which could have been an installation error.
Still won't be fitting any though, pile o sh1te :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back