Where do you soak your dishes?

Where Do You (or SO) Soak Dishes (not saucepans)?

• In the kitchen sink

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • On the worktop

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • On the hob

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Elsewhere

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do not understand why people bother with a dish washer.
Typical naïve Luddite. :rolleyes:

Please expand - my experience of dishwashers (at work, mainly) is that they are so regularly unthorough, you actually check every item of kitchenware for cleanliness, before using it again.
You don't do the same, for hand-washed items.

Sponsored Links
I do not understand why people bother with a dish washer.
Typical naïve Luddite. :rolleyes:

Please expand - my experience of dishwashers (at work, mainly) is that they are so regularly unthorough, you actually check every item of kitchenware for cleanliness, before using it again.
so you are a cynical Luddite, not a naive one! :D

I honestly don't see the fuss about spending five minutes washing up after a meal.
Perhaps some are in such a rush to get back to their individual dent in the sofa, to spend the rest of the evening mouthbreathing, that a dishwasher is essential.
Each to their own though, I guess.

(FWIW, we have a dishwasher - I'm just putting off installing it ;)
It's still in the garage :D )

Sponsored Links
What's the problem with dishwashers?

As the dishwasher in this house, I put dirty things in and, if it's not full, put it on a rinse cycle which keeps the things wet. Then, when full, pop in a dishwasher tablet and switch on.

I will agree, however, that occasionally some items do not come out clean. My wife makes excellent glue from eggs which sticks like s*** to a blanket. I just put the pan back in again (and yet again) until it's clean.

Naturally, I do not have time to clean them by hand as I have to get back to my bum impression in the settee.

What's the problem with dishwashers?

If you bought a seven-seater car for your four-person family (on the basis that very occasionally, you might ferry some friends around), that wouldn't make sense.
Especially if, to justify that seven-seater, you use it to pop to the shop on the corner, where you regularly find nowhere to park it up anyway.

Many years ago, I did a short spell at the docks in Avonmouth. There was a bloke there who appeared to live on pork and lamb chops. Every couple of months, he would bring his grill pan into work to blast it with the industrial steam cleaning machines they had there.

The thing would rattle across the ground, propelled by heaven knows how many PSI from the steamer. Came up a treat. Maybe an idea for Secure and his dishes. :LOL:

Our Bosch DW is a boon. The one we had previous was a wee bit temperamental, but that was because you needed a degree in DW loading to get the best out of it.
The Bosch fella is the dogs. It still requires thought when loading but cleans like nowt else. As long as you load them correctly then hand washing does not come anywhere near as close to the sterile squeaky clean you get from a (correctly loaded) DW.

People who have more important things to do own and use a DW. We have children. We have jobs. We have hobbies as do our children.
You crack on and wash your dishes and whilst you are at it pop down to the local river with your dirty washing, mangle and soap board on your horse and cart eh. :rolleyes:

as well as cleaning more hygienically, d/wrs use less water and less energy than hand washing.

Our Bosch DW is a boon. The one we had previous was a wee bit temperamental, but that was because you needed a degree in DW loading to get the best out of it.
The Bosch fella is the dogs. It still requires thought when loading but cleans like nowt else. As long as you load them correctly then hand washing does not come anywhere near as close to the sterile squeaky clean you get from a (correctly loaded) DW.

People who have more important things to do own and use a DW. We have children. We have jobs. We have hobbies as do our children.
You crack on and wash your dishes and whilst you are at it pop down to the local river with your dirty washing, mangle and soap board on your horse and cart eh. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the answer to a genuine question.

Shame you have to spoil it by being rude, but then you just can't help yourself.

I'm sorry that you feel so inadequate.

as well as cleaning more hygienically, d/wrs use less water and less energy than hand washing.

:D There's more than one thread on the web about just that subject and the decision seems split. It has been pointed out that the tests showing they were more efficient were funded by the likes of Bosch and AEG to name a few and their methods were potentially flawed. Add in the damage that can be done to some kitchen ware and some things that aren't recommended for a dishwasher then hand washing is still required. However , searching for a "definitive" answer comes up with other things to use a dishwasher for. Obviously they can be used for washing things like shoes , plant pots etc but when used without detergent they are evidently good for sterilising jars prior to bottling and can even be used to steam vegetables and fish.
To be honest I'm still a little unconvinced either way and besides we haven't really got the space.

Shame you have to spoil it by being rude, but then you just can't help yourself.
Rude? :confused:
You need to grow a pair marra.

Sponsored Links
Back