where does this go ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok guys....thought i d assemble the wash basin and pedestal together before i install them....got most bits, but where does this lever kind of rod go ?.....there is one similar at the back of the sink....see photos below...its to do with the waste pop up, but why have it at the back of the sink...cant find the intructions...any help please

DSC01075.jpg

DSC01073.jpg

Sponsored Links
Down through the hole in back of tap and connects to the bar in waste outlet via small clamp and screws ;)

Stick the rod through the hole in the back of the tap.

Use the coupling piece to join it onto the lever rod on the waste fitting.

You will need to cut down the rod(s) to suit.

Adjust the rod lenghts/adjusting piece and the screw/locknut on the waste plug to allow the plug to seal and pop-up correctly.

Make sure the knurled ring on the waste is tightened and keep an eye on it - they often leak and go un-noticed (until it marks the ceiling downstairs). I find wrapping PTFE around the thread stops them coming loose.

thank you very much guys for your advice...it all makes sense now...appreciated....now i can carry on plumbing it.. ;)

Sponsored Links
Make sure the knurled ring on the waste is tightened and keep an eye on it - they often leak and go un-noticed (until it marks the ceiling downstairs). I find wrapping PTFE around the thread stops them coming loose.

I use silicon grease on the nylon ball seal ;)

Vasoline works just as well....(nudge nudge, wink wink) :LOL: :LOL:

Aha! I spy a basin Virgin, who may wonder why his efforts result in a pool of water on the floor.
Same as everyone else's first time.
You need some silicone in there, or the water will pee down the thread on the waste:
Leakywaste3.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back