where to buy book

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

could someone tell me where i can buy "which? book of wiring and lighting" please. i have searched everywhere and i can not find a copy.

thanks in advance

max

Sponsored Links
Click Here

Took all of about 15 seconds to find on google

<edit> Blimey, thats a bit dear. Why not save your money and get an electrician in?

I doubt you'll easily find a book showing you how to wire a lighting circuit, few years ago i bought the 'Which' DIY book which showed examples of wiring lights / sockets.

Don't like this bit:

Quote:

This user-friendly guide to electrical work in the home contains 38 step-by-step projects covering every type of household installation. The mystique surrounding electrical wiring discourages many householders from attempting any sort of electrical work, yet it takes less skill than is needed to paint a door or paper a wall.

Sponsored Links
How long is the college course / apprenticeship for a decorator? :confused:

In terms of physical skills to do the install, then its probably about right, knocking holes in walls and clipping T+E is not much more difficult than glueing paper to the wall (or in my case everything but the wall! :LOL: ), its the designing that takes knowledge (as opposed to creativity and artisticness in case of decorating)

or as my old 2360 teacher used to say
"you can teach any monkey to run up a ladder with a piece of cable"

i have seen the link posted but that was published back in 1994 and i know the latest version was printed in 2000.

i want to buy the book as it comes highly recommended by alot of people on this forum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back