Where to buy from!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at an ATag A325ECX and I've decided this is the boiler for me... I've found it online for £1200 from boilers2go and £1300 from heatandplumb.. Does anyone have any advice about buying from these online shops?

Also... Am I allowed to take the thing out the box, hang it on the wall and connect the water pipes? Is this legal?

Sponsored Links
Best let the installer buy and install it otherwise you may have warranty issues.

Nothing more annoying than a customer that wants to shave pounds off a job in this manner.

Give ATAG a call, they will be able to give you a list of approved installers in your area.
Agreed with Dan, don't expect the installer to deal with any warranty problems for free if he hasnt supplied the product.

Am I allowed to take the thing out the box, hang it on the wall
Arguably, no.

Engage fitter before trying this route. He may welcome your approach to save him some grunt, but he won't alter the price significantly. Not much of his quote would be to hang it.
As Dan says, suppose the boiler's faulty on arrival? It's your responsibility.

Sponsored Links
I can buy that boiler cheaper even with my 10% on its still cheaper than you can get it plus all issues will be mine not yours.

Not everyone is out to rip you off!

Had a customer once bragging to her friend on the phone how she had bought her boiler direct and it only cost her £1300..... it was a baxi DuoTec 40 so probs no more than £1000.

You'd be better off finding a reputable installer to supply and fit a Biasi or other budget boiler to keep costs down. Only installers from the gutter are likely to be interested in your proposal. In other words, a waste of an Atag.

Thing is most installers don't like this approach because they can usually make 10% on the boiler and charge silly money for the work...

So back to my questions;
Is it legel to hang the boiler and do all but the gas pipework?
Are these online supply websites any good?

Your best bet is to find someone who will work in with you and then agree what you can and can't do. It will be their name on the paperwork.

Thing is most installers don't like this approach because they can usually make 10% on the boiler and charge silly money for the work...

So back to my questions;
Is it legel to hang the boiler and do all but the gas pipework?
Are these online supply websites any good?

If you was my customer with that attitude I would defiantly be adding the 25% ar53hole tax :rolleyes:

Why shouldn't we make a profit that is the point of business after all, if you don't like the fact we earn good money then get a throw it on the wall for £150 merchant, just don't come crying back here if and when your boiler start breaking down due to crap installation practise!

Even with 10% on I would supply cheaper than you can get it for as would most installers

Instead of berating installers for wanting to charge for their services, why don't you b*ll*ck Atag for charging double price for a combi boiler?

No, its not legal. You shouldn't touch the flue and most installers wouldn't be happy with you mounting the wall plate - how do they know you've used the right bolts, checked the surface is suitable etc.

Why do homeowners automatically think they are entitles to Trades?

Do you begrudge Tesco making a profit on a can of bake beans? or do you expect to pay the same that they bought it for.

But why shouldn't a home owner try and save some money? what's wrong with that? Are you telling me you would pay over the odds for something?

The above comments, like adding on @rseh0le tax at 25% and admitting you can get the boiler at way less cost than I can, make you all sound like you would rip people off....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back