which bell box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am after a very loud quality bellbox for my alarm system. I am unsure which to buy. thanks

Sponsored Links
hi there, if you want a very loud sounder I would go for the flashguard xl or the cqr bellbox just google them. I was going to include the texecom bellboxes but they seem to have a bad rep for their piezo's failing. I have replaced mine with flashguards for that very reason. go for a flashguard xl.

Piezo failure was many moons ago, I fit the ody3's not the e's and not had a piezo fail.

not saying they didn't have an issue many moons ago, but thought that was long since resolved.

Just check the db values and that will tell you how loud it is the bigger the number the louder it is.

i must have had bad luck, one of the units had failed no sound at all from the unit just the strobe. replaced them with flashguard xl's no problems after that works great and very loud.

Sponsored Links
thanks guys for the tips. i have a choice between the flashguard and the cqr. one is 118db and the other is 115db. is there any noticeably volume difference between 118db and 115db?. thanks

The Aritech AS610 or AS395 will make your ears bleed and can be heard from the moon (nearly!). Wear ear protection when you install it.

The Pyronix Deltabell isn't as loud but is widely used by professional installers and bas better looks (and more colour ways).

We use the Aritech for isolated properties like barns in the Fens. The farmer can hear the characteristic sound over half a mile away. It uses a SLA battery to provide the power for the sounder so it won't overload your panel.

Sirens/sounders and noise travelling is an interesting one.

Look at it's sound output in decibels and make up your own mind.

Each person will have different experiences with different kit, also need to think about where its going.

Texecom sounders still had the issue in the last two years , changed 6 in one week , the piezo with the glue sealed fly leads was an issue , as for sound levels you can have a bell box that sounds loud but half a mile down the road you can't hear it , and others that don't seem that loud but it still has the same volume down the road !

@sparkymarka did you ever check the date stamps (yellow price tags) on the back of the pcb. If the dates were wide apart from one unit to the next that would suggest a long running issue. If there were a day or two or a week apart it would only account for a few days to a weeks production?

Just a thought that stock could have been hanging around in a distributors warehouse?

6 in one week, seems a lot.

same thing with my oddyssey the volume was intense from the around the up to around 100m or so. any further you could barely hear it? its a strange one.

have not expieriemented the sound travel distance with the flashguard xl i will leave that for now. had fun setting it connecting up the flashguards blaring in my ears still loud even with muffs on. neighbors didn't look too happy. :LOL:

Box up an old 6" 12v Dome bell as was used 'in the good old days', the sound will be so noticeable that a volume difference will be inconsequential.

or

do something else that we used to do, fit a 240v Mains Siren in addition to the 12v sounder, that's loud.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back