Which Building Design Would You Choose PLAN A OR PLAN B

Sponsored Links
Well actaully I first wrote 'Chatterbox' but then felt Mr Chattyman was funnier, you are not sexist or lacking a sense of humour are you?

Sponsored Links
LOL .... you want people who won't be living there, won't be paying for it and won't be recouping the profit/loss at sale time to decide which extension you should have?

Why don't you just get a design that includes all the features you want?

Just getting public opinions no harm in that surely. At the end of the day when i come to sell prop i am interested in what potential buyers would go for and not just over personalising the property. It is obvious from your comments neither design would work for you, so no prob just don't bother answering my post.

The type of questions, the manic demands for replies and rude nature of this newcomer reminds me of another woman a few months back who used to talk about her questions being like 'how long is a piece of string' in her posts. I wonder if they are the same person?

LOL .... you want people who won't be living there, won't be paying for it and won't be recouping the profit/loss at sale time to decide which extension you should have?

Just getting public opinions no harm in that surely. At the end of the day when i come to sell prop i am interested in what potential buyers would go for and not just over personalising the property. It is obvious from your comments neither design would work for you, so no prob just don't bother answering my post.

The type of questions, the manic demands for replies and rude nature of this newcomer reminds me of another woman a few months back who used to talk about her questions being like 'how long is a piece of string' in her posts. I wonder if they are the same person?

Mr Bully Boy

Mr Bully Boy
Rude nature :LOL: you wanna get in the plumbing forum more often - that`s RUDE :LOL:

I had exactly the same situation and built right up to the boundary incorporating a passageway front to back with doors
You may lose a bit on the ground floor but you gain the max above
Check out the party wall act as you can build astride the boundary line and footings can overhang nextdoor. talk to your neighbour
with hindsight I would have built astride not up to I also regret not using a gable end (I moved the hip over) and lost a lot of headroom for stairs etc.
good luck

I had exactly the same situation and built right up to the boundary incorporating a passageway front to back with doors
You may lose a bit on the ground floor but you gain the max above
Check out the party wall act as you can build astride the boundary line and footings can overhang nextdoor. talk to your neighbour
with hindsight I would have built astride not up to I also regret not using a gable end (I moved the hip over) and lost a lot of headroom for stairs etc.
good luck

Thanks for the great advice appreciate your honest answer

Check out the party wall act as you can build astride the boundary line and footings can overhang nextdoor.

The PWA does not give you right to build a wall across the boundary - you need the landowners express consent for that

The PWA does give the right to lay foundations astride the boundary if they are necessary, but not reinforced ones. However, I'd argue that they are not necessary as an engineer can calculate an alternative foundation design

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back