Which central heating system

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still dont understand why you are going backwards and fitting a boiler and tank. worcester are a great range of boilers. any boler that gets to 12 years old can have issued, and noallwys boiler related, sometimes the system is causing the boiler faults. yes everyone can have issues and sometimes they take longer to sort than others. but here you are replacing a decenct combi with an uncommon boiler with poor parts and engineering support.

personally id say get your sysetm cleaned properly and have another worcester fitted. ive had no problems from my own worcseter boilers, and find them relatively easy to repair on a day to day work basis. there technical support is fantastic and they will even usually own up to known faults on thier boilers, which not many manufacturers will( poxi anyone? :LOL: ).

id seriously put some thought into whatyou are doing. plus consider the space that this boiler and cylinder will take up overyour exisitng boiler install. will everthing fit easily and with enough access that when it breaks down the engineer will physically be able to do the job?

Sponsored Links
Range Tribune is the same product as the RCM Copperform Ultrasteel. Both companies are owned by the Kingspan Group.

The Vitodens 100 is a nice simple boiler, and purely in my opinion, a significantly more robust product than the Worcester Bosch 18Ri. I do concur that the Worcester-Bosch support is the best in the business.

Both the 18Ri and the 100W will be supported by the manufacturer for 5 years if installed by a trained and certified installer, both have a 10yr heat exchanger warranty. If you could take a look inside them both, I think you would know which way to go.

its being done by a mate so he doesnt really need the advice :rolleyes: :LOL:

want the extra cost of showr pumps too and doesnt need the space in a vici house.

It's not the actual boiler i have issues with it's WB so called customer service and so called engineers i have issues with but thats another story.

Why is moving to a tank going backwards? Im getting conflicting views on this.

Sponsored Links
Range Tribune is an unvented cylinder, there is no tank.......no shower pump either.

because of the extra space and pipework required. the extra cost of the tank and associated requirments. i take it your mate is qualified and competant to fit unvented. ive got the same size property and have a greenstar combi and i must say im totally happy with it.

i dont doubt youve had a bad experience with wb, but they are one of the best companies out ther. just wait till your weissman goes wrong... ive personally had terrible technical advice over the phone from companies like this. and thats when they are open. ususally theres only 1 or 2 tech bods at the small places whereas wb will have a good few. plus they are ususally ex field opps as opposed to pure theory only. and due to the popularity of wb its far easier to draw knowledge from elswhere abouit thier issues.

plus as has been pointed out... wb have been in the uk for many years and will remain son. will the other comopanies.

not have a pop you must understand, just frustrated to see someone possibly wasting money and space due to a bad experience.

sorry yeah... no pump withthe unvented but its gonna take more space with a boiler and unvented cylinder comapred to justa combi on the wall.

unvented will give a more powerfull shower, its down to how good your incoming mains pressure is. and as you're in a victorian it may be u=insufficient. of course your unvented installer will be able to check that its suitable. otherwise you'll also need a 'booster' tank fitting.

see my point about space?

You are right to come here and question the notion of fitting an unvented cylinder. You have a combi. All you need do is fit one with a high flowrate to cope with your needs.

Unvented cylinders require an annual service. They can do this to:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pu3FwgIHsQA

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=GF_Wrm-Ns0I

So think hard.

As I have said fit a 28C Broag combi with weather compensation. They superb value for money and great quality with 5 years guarantee. Then fit another when you fit the new bathroom. This is highly cost effective.

Or, fit an Ethos 54C high flow combi that will do both bathrooms. http://www.ethosboilers.co.uk/products_54c.php Forget the unvented cylinder tripe taking up space and costing a fortune, and will run out of hot water.

Some of these "plumbers" are stuck in the 1980s. Things have moved on. Many push product which they get a big mark up on, or literally have little idea outside what they have had hands on experience of. Anything above a basic control system is beyond them.

It's a 1930's not Victorian if that makes any difference.

not sure tbh just pointingout that its something to take into account with older prems and probably still counts even with a 30's house.

my advice is based purely on a 'if it was my houseand my money' basis. i stand to gain nothing by this... unless by stroke of chance you ever employ a bg eng to work at your house.

i would seriously take with a pinch of salt anything big burner says. he throws a lot of comments about but can't seem to answer simple questions.

avoid this keyboard expert.

good luck :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back