Which condensing boiler to buy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to purchase a condensing boiler and was wondering which manufacturer to choose.

I have narrowed it down to three manufacturers.

BAXI
WORCESTER
VAILLANT

Would it be fair to say that these days you can't go wrong with any of the above?

Please advise, many thanks. :D

Sponsored Links
doh..... said:
Would it be fair to say that these days you can't go wrong with any of the above?
No. Have you considered Viessmann, Buderus, etc.? There's loads of threads on this subject - best to scroll back, you'll soon find one.

Turn your list upside down the top 2 are the ones to go for. As chris says though Buderus and veissmann very good.

Kinda new Vaillant should be on top for you Dave.

W/B myself

Still its the OPs choice,

Number of rooms, size of heating system, number of bathrooms etc,etc

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
I always recommend Vaillant !

But if I sold Viessmann boilers I expect that I would recommend them instead ! They certainly have a nice single tube stainless steel HE which can easily be cleaned.

Agile said:
gas4you said:
I always recommend Vaillant !

But if I sold Viessmann boilers I expect that I would recommend them instead ! They certainly have a nice single tube stainless steel HE which can easily be cleaned.

Nice addition Tony :LOL:

I used to list them on my shop but never sold any! the same with Ariston and Alpha. Problem is Plumb don't sell them and PTS don't offer live internet pricing and ordering. Too risky selling stuff if I cannot get instant current price!

I will sell anything that I can make money out of!

So few places stock Viessmann ( only PTS as far as I am aware ) that you will be virtually unique if you did sell them.

I went to their offices last week at the same time and I was quite impressed with the setup ( and the boilers ).

Its such a pity they cannot get the spares and sales side organised.

Tony

It is a 3 bedroom semi-detached house with hallway, living room, 1 bathroom and kitchen/diner.

I have two boilers in mind:

1) Worcester Greenstar 30 CDI
2) Vaillant ECOTEC Plus 831

Where is the best place (CHEAPEST) to purchase one from. I have been searching the internet and have come across a couple of good websites -
heatandplumb
inspiredheating
wholesaleheating

Please advise, Many thanks

pleased with my vaillant, on old systems flush well even to the point of removing rads to flush, us a ch system cleaner and i've fitted a fernox boiler buddy filter which does a brill job

dave

The Viessmann Vitodens is great (if all you are concerned about is the stainless steel heat exchanger) other than that in my experience of fitting at least 500 vitodens 100's (Combi & systems) in the last 2 years as specified....I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!...feel free to contact me if you would like a detailed list of breakdowns on the 500+ Vitodens 100's I have fitted.

Vaillant ecoTec got to be the most reliable product I have fitted so far

doh..... said:
It is a 3 bedroom semi-detached house with hallway, living room, 1 bathroom and kitchen/diner.

I have two boilers in mind:

1) Worcester Greenstar 30 CDI
2) Vaillant ECOTEC Plus 831

Where is the best place (CHEAPEST) to purchase one from. I have been searching the internet and have come across a couple of good websites -
heatandplumb
inspiredheating
wholesaleheating

Please advise, Many thanks

TryHERE

Dan Dan the Gas man said:
.. my experience of fitting at least 500 vitodens 100's (Combi & systems) in the last 2 years ....
If your fitting more than one a day then no wonder your getting breakdowns. Do you fully flush and clean the systems?

You are kidding me aren't you!!!!!
Flushing? haha

I am an operations director for a company that installs for local authority contracts...To our ISO QA procedures, benchmark and industry standard......Although I don't fit them personanly, but yes....WE have fitted 14 units a week at peak. Flushing has absolutely nothing to do with the faults experienced. I am happy to provide details privately to anyone with a valid interst in this product. 5-10% failure rate would be expected on a large contract of 100+ units...the Vitodens didn't come close.

Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back