Which CU?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

It's been recommended as I am supplying a Hot Tub in the garden and it needs to be on its own circuit. The recommendation is to enable me to future proof the supply somewhat by having a mini CU in the Garden enabling me to run further supplies in the future for lights / sockets etc. whithout having to run all the way back to the main CU which in on the other side of the house.

As it happens I think I am now going to abandon the idea and run just a single 6mm2 SWA cable to the hot tub from the main CU via an Isolator switch as I now have further information on the Hot Tub suggesting its power requirements are less than I first thought at 5.528kw. The cable run will be approximately 40m max. - mainly clipped to the external wall of the house or through the loft above the insulation. I am thinking I will still have some capacity in the 6mm2 to break the cable and introduce a mini CU in the future if I need to feed a separate circuit to something else - so long as its not too much.

Hope this explains - always open to further advise if I have got something wrong.

Regards...
Maurice

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back