which filler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

ive had to fill cracks in a ceiling, the first time i used one time filler, really easy to apply and sand if needed but cracks came back. So next i used tetrion fine filler, has got more strengh in it but it is like sanding concrete, does anyone know of an alternative that has the strengh but is easy to sand.

Sponsored Links
Without seeing the crack, I feel that from your message that you do not need something that is stronger, being stronger will not mean that it will not crack.

You need a flexible filler and I would use NO More Cracks - this product does not need sanding and should be applied and scrapped flat .

You need to stop the movement/expansion or crack will re appear,probably where two pieces of plaster board meet,may or may not of been taped,probably fighting a losing battle

Sponsored Links
You need to stop the movement/expansion or crack will re appear,probably where two pieces of plaster board meet,may or may not of been taped,probably fighting a losing battle

You can never stop the seasonal changes of the timber joists expanding and contracting this can cause cracks
From the OP I get the feeling the the crack is a untaped joint or boards that were not staggered, It would be pointless to tape now and re-skim.

ALARMAN

B&Q my friend - http://tinyurl.com/cmvgr8

I would rake it out slightly, apply slightly over the surface as the product does shrink by a very small amount ( I think it comes with a spatula).

Just remember to read the instruction on the back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back