Filler again (polyfilla)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using some Polyfill. the trade multi you have to mix http://www.screwfix.com/prods/75795...ers/Polycell-Polyfilla-All-Purpose-Filler-2kg

The packet is not that new, but is dry. I have mixed it 2 ways, the first time I left it quite runny, let it dry for a day. the second time, a little thicker, same let it dry for a day.

The same is happening with both, I can rub the filler away to easy, I don't even need sand paper! my finger, a little rub and it turns to powder!

My big bag of easy fill has been open ages and its fine!

Is it the filler? or the mix? used to use Tetrion and it was ok... whats the best out there.

Darren

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it's knackered. I'd throw it in the bin. For all the cost of a new packet.

Roughcaster.

I used this stuff once, and the box with the blue writing which is similar and didn't think much of it at all. It took ages to set and when it did it was a nightmare to sand. Get yourself some powder Toupret filler its much better.

Sponsored Links
Toupret... mmm it look like decent stuff they have a good range, and a fair few rate it.

Darren

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back