Which hive rad adapter do I need for these valves?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’m struggling to find which adapter I need for my hive smart valves. Any ideas?

The photo with adapter is the M28 which hive subsequently provided when I discovered the standard adapters also didn’t fit.

For context, it’s an old house. We’re also on oil just in case that might help to narrow it down, not sure it will though, any insight greatly received!

Thanks, L

Attachments

• 69240FDD-688B-4921-A7B8-ED9808231A8A.jpeg
    69240FDD-688B-4921-A7B8-ED9808231A8A.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 291
  • BB6676FA-15EA-4677-9C60-2D7C3DE9F6C9.jpeg
    BB6676FA-15EA-4677-9C60-2D7C3DE9F6C9.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 287
Sponsored Links
Anyone any idea?! Will send a £20 amazon voucher to anyone who can share a link/name of the correct adapter that will allow me to fit the hive thermostats I bought!

Reactions: CBW
I don't understand, does the M28 adapter fit the top of the valve, if so then the HIVE TRV just screws onto that?? If that adapter doesn't fit (too small?) then it would normally be the larger M30 adapter. Or is the M28 too big?

Have you tried the adapter guide?

The photo with adapter on looks damaged, maybe this is why it doesn’t fit properly?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for both your replies.

@CBW - I've checked all the adapters and they're all like this so confident they're not damaged.

@Madrab so the m30 thread is too large and subsequently the adapter won't screw on. The M28 adapter is the correct thread size but the white 'pin' sits far too high above the metal pin of the radiator valve so it can't press/depress the metal radiator pin.

What I need is a M30 type/design but with a M28 thread size. Explaining this to Hive ppl is impossible though!

• Thanks
The M28 adapter is the correct thread size but the white 'pin' sits far too high above the metal pin of the radiator valve so it can't press/depress the metal radiator pin.
...or sit a penny in-between :)

well and truly defeated on the adapter front. the amazon didn't work either. So... I'm changing every elbow instead! thanks for the advice nonetheless.

well and truly defeated on the adapter front. the amazon didn't work either. So... I'm changing every elbow instead! thanks for the advice nonetheless.

Hi Loscie

I came across this thread through google when searching for a solution for, what I think, is the exact same problem. Did you find an adapter or do you have to change everything to get it to work? Many thanks

Hi Loscie

I came across this thread through google when searching for a solution for, what I think, is the exact same problem. Did you find an adapter or do you have to change everything to get it to work? Many thanks
I read it that he did change everything to get it to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back