United Kingdom
Combis would you suggest?

My short list -

1st W/B 30SI - Due to cost and size of boiler
2nd Valliant ecotec plus 831 - Might be too expensive though
3rd Baxi duotec 28HE - Might be a tab too large

Any comments welcome.

Sponsored Links
I personally prefer vaillants. The ecotec pro 28 is good value if the 831 is too expensive. Its about 1 l/min less flow rate, which is not a big deal. But you should speak to your installer. Its better he is comfortable and knowledgeable with the boiler he is installing. Unless he insists on installing a pile of junk of course ;)

If you can't afford and extra 100quid for a decent Vaillant then you really should waste your money on the Baxi, just take out a good service contract because you will need it.

Na he wont as the duo tech comes with a 5 year warranty.
Fitted a few 30si and they seem ok but to be honest nothing that fancy that makes it 200 quid dearer than some other boilers

Sponsored Links
Personally I think the Vaillant is far superior and worth the extra. Fit a magnaclean/ boiler buddy too.

Have seen that many so decided to narrow it down yto 3, budget is £800 - £900 for boiler so I am open to suggestions, ruled the WB 30cdi out as its too big.

Personally I think the Vaillant is far superior ar superior and worth the extra. Fit a magnaclean/ boiler buddy too.

in what way is it far superior? from what i understand it's in warranty failure rates is not any better than any other manufacturer plus costy spare parts.

not having a go or anything but sometimes i wonder if people like vaillant because it have a good name in the trade(ie does not gets slagged off left, right and center)

Gazzadfc, the viessmann 100 (30kw) is a short boiler but makes it up in depth.

Personally I think the Vaillant is far superior ar superior and worth the extra. Fit a magnaclean/ boiler buddy too.

in what way is it far superior? from what i understand it's in warranty failure rates is not any better than any other manufacturer plus costy spare parts.

not having a go or anything but sometimes i wonder if people like vaillant because it have a good name in the trade(ie does not gets slagged off left, right and center)

have u stripped all these boilers apart? Have u interogated their diagnostic systems? why do you think Vaillant have a a good name?

not so fast, i asked first :LOL: you tell me first how it is 'far superior'.

as i have said i am not having a go, just want to know if the price premium is worth it :LOL:

as i have said i am not having a go, just want to know if the price premium is worth it :LOL:

everything is designed for ease of maintenance, brass and stainless steel (not much cheap plastic) waterset, flexible flueing options and anti pluming kits, wireless roomstat and weather comp option, good aftersales service, spares readily available, compact, inbuilt filling loop and bypass, variable speed pump, 5yr warranty on h/exch, 937 storage option, excellent diagnostic system, inbuilt frost stat, pump protection programme, low lift weigh, easy wiring, etc etc

gloworm flexicom would also do the job. If it was my house id go for a vaillant ecotec plus 831 anyday

everything is designed for ease of maintenance, brass and stainless steel (not much cheap plastic) waterset, flexible flueing options and anti pluming kits, wireless roomstat and weather comp option, good aftersales service, spares readily available, compact, inbuilt filling loop and bypass, variable speed pump, 5yr warranty on h/exch, 937 storage option, excellent diagnostic system, inbuilt frost stat, pump protection programme, low lift weigh, easy wiring, etc etc

With the exception of the plastic waterset, the Worcester has all this too.. Primary HE has a 10 year warranty

Starting to lose count of the times i have said this WHY do people boast about how good Vaillant aftersales service is.
As an installer i don`t want to know how good it is because it means they are breaking down. but its one of the first things vailant installers mention Why do they know this.
Please answer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back