Which radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm putting a new radiator into a new room. The largest rad I can fit in is 1600mm x 500mm. Most (double panel) rads this size seem to generate about 2.4 kW, but Ideally I'd like a little more than that.

However I've found one that claims to generate 3.3kW (11k BTU/hr): http://bit.ly/UCrZzu

Seems spectacularly high to me. Is there any reason why it wouldn't work? Would I need any special set-up? The pipes which will feed it previously fed two 1.8 kW rads, so in theory there should be a good enough hot water supply.

Sponsored Links
I would have doubts over the claims of the manufacturer, as you say it seems spectacularly high. An equivalent sized Quinn/Barlo radiator will give 2.6kw, can you not put back 2 rads? if not you may have to look at a triple panel if you really cant go higher or longer.

I have no room to put 2 rads in. I have taken an internal wall down (which is why it's a new room), and one of the old rads was on the now-demolished wall. Are Quinn/Barlo ones good?

ah
well, they've been around for 35 years so they must have learnt a few things by now!!
but seriously, they're made from 1.2mm british steel, in britain, are tested to 13bar and ok to work to 10 bar and have a 10 year warranty. Try Plumbase, they keep their own range made by Quinn called Warmastyle or they can get you in a quinn one (the outputs are a bit different thats all) also the rads kept by Wickes are made by them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back