Which replacement condensing (heat only) boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current boiler, a BAXI Solo 70/4 PF, is now 17 years old and needs replacing. It is sited in a kitchen cupboard with space as follows 320mm depth (behind door), 510mm width, 900mm high

I can only find 3 condensing, heat only boilers to fit this space.

1. Keston celsius 25
2. Ideal ICOS HE24
3. Gloworm Flexicom 24HX

Can anybody advise which of these to go for?

Sponsored Links
You have to consider the flue and not just the boiler size.

The Glowworm is the only one I know of which allows the flue to exit behind the boiler through the wall.

It may be the only one which will fit your needs.

Its quite new and not enough feedback to know if its likely to be much good.

Tony

Agile said:
You have to consider the flue and not just the boiler size.

The Glowworm is the only one I know of which allows the flue to exit behind the boiler through the wall.

It may be the only one which will fit your needs.

Its quite new and not enough feedback to know if its likely to be much good.

Tony

Thanks. I omitted to say the LH cupboard side is against an external wall and the current flue exits to the left of the boiler. So should be no problem with flue location with the boilers I have identified

KeithL said:
My current boiler, a BAXI Solo 70/4 PF, is now 17 years old and needs replacing. It is sited in a kitchen cupboard with space as follows 320mm depth (behind door), 510mm width, 900mm high

1. Keston celsius 25
2. Ideal ICOS HE24
3. Gloworm Flexicom 24HX

None of them!!!!

Sponsored Links
HarrogateGas said:
KeithL said:

1. Keston celsius 25
2. Ideal ICOS HE24
3. Gloworm Flexicom 24HX

None of them!!!!

So what do you recommend that will fit the space I have available?

KeithL said:
HarrogateGas said:
KeithL said:

1. Keston celsius 25
2. Ideal ICOS HE24
3. Gloworm Flexicom 24HX

None of them!!!!
So what do you recommend that will fit the space I have available?
A new bigger cupboard to house a better boiler or a new boiler location. Whats more important to you, a pretty kitchen or a reliable heating and hot water boiler for your family for the next 15 years?

Try the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 428. This will be set upon commissioning to the exact max output you need ie 20/21 Kw.

You could always go for the 418 and with a new full heating/hot water programmer time the hot water to come on about 30 mins before heating in the morning, which is probably the only time full demand is needed from the boiler

Get a bigger cupboard and put an 18,24 ri in the 24 will reduce down to the required load but you may need 28mm primarys

Yep, those three boilers may fit in the cupboard but will also fit easily in a skip in a relatively few years time........

I did this excersise for a job, the only boile4 I could find which met manufacturers clearance under bench was the Ideal.

I tried to get permission from the other small boiler manufacturers but they wouldn't have it. The only consession one of them made was if bench was removable I could do it.

I told them all they have given up huge marketing potential to Ideal, but they couln't care less what I said to them.

Fit the Ideal or change positions .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back