Keston boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning everybody,

We are currently living over in Singapore but have a property in the UK which has a Keston Celsius 25 boiler installed. We received notification from the tenants in the property that have had a plumber out, that the heat exchanger has gone so the entire boiler needs replacing. It turns out that the Celsius 25 is now obeslete and there is no direct replacement for it.

I've spoken with Keston who advised that the Qudos 28 can be installed in it's place, but that the two outlets on the top of the unit need to be switched round as they are on opposite sides to the Celsius 25.

Has anybody got any experience with this. I'm told that Keston boilers aren't particularly good but this one has been in 5years and only needed a PCB replacement about 2years ago which seems pretty good to me.

The other issue is that the Keston unit was installed behind a fitted kitchen unit so whatever we replace it with needs to be similar in size.

We had a quote of £4,000 to replace the unit and make good the kitchen upon completion of the work, as the new unit (Baxi Duo Tech, Valiant Echo Tech) couldn't be sited in the same position as the Celsius 25.

I'm willing to pay whatever we need to to get the work dopne and would love it if somebody could help with this. The property is in Nottingham so any suggestions for local plumbers would also be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Morning everybody,

We are currently living over in Singapore but have a property in the UK which has a Keston Celsius 25 boiler installed.

I'm willing to pay whatever we need to to get the work dopne and would love it if somebody could help with this. The property is in Nottingham so any suggestions for local plumbers would also be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately you are in a 'distress purchase' situation especially because of the weather at the moment. I think most on this forum would advise choosing another make of boiler as replacement. Also if you check, you wouldn't be able to just fit a qudos in its place without replacing all the plastic flue as they say it has to be renewed when changing the boiler.

What is the situation with regards heating/hot water. Assuming they have an immersion heater for hot water/fan heaters they should be able to manage for a few weeks while things get back to normal.

If you want to spend that type of budget on replacement which certainly isn't a penny pinching budget, then you would be better advised to have a boiler with a 5 year warranty such as an Atag A series or Viessmann 100. If you speak with those suppliers they should be able to give you installers in that area.

+1 to the above.

Lose the Keston and don't let another one in your house-they are too much trouble.

Sponsored Links
Also if you check, you wouldn't be able to just fit a qudos in its place without replacing all the plastic flue as they say it has to be renewed when changing the boiler.

Building Regs my friend, Building Regs...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back