Keston boiler c25 with spa unvented

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Keston pre assembled qudos C25 Celsius boiler on unvented hot water store. This one has a C25 Celsius on it I need to change this for the more modern q28 boiler has any one done this advice please. I am hoping for an uncomplicated swap

Sponsored Links
That would be a first; a Keston customer who would have another one!

Sorry, no idea what is involved, we refuse to install this stuff.

The OP's posting does not seem complete.

It seems he has a Celcius C25 which is still working after 9 years and now wants to replace it with another more recent design of Keston boiler.

I do have to say that I would expect an Ideal Logic might be a better and cheaper choice.

Ideal bought Keston about a year ago.

Tony

I'd love to do what you propose to a C25/Spa rig that is driving me mad at the moment!!!! but no funds availible to do it ...so we keep on changing parts only for something else to go wrong ... "Class" :evil:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for you interest and replies and sorry for not getting back sooner but duty calls and off to work I whent. The story here is that this rig has the C25 on top. Its a clients flat and the flue is in, both these go up through the roof so dont fancy messing with it unless i have to. the qudos is quite an old set up, hence the C25, could possibly have chosen another boiler but then still the same fitting in "chalange" with added agro of the flue.

any way have got new q28 in the back of me motor and tomorrow will get involved. the flues are opposite way round, but such short run, say 1M so can afford some bends to marry flues. the under boiler plumbing is different but this is usual for boiler swaps, but still a bit tight, (some people like it like that i hear). Mounting the q28 onto the rig will be fun at the moment i think i will use timber plaster brd composite attached to the existing frame using drilled in bolts or similar.

If it looks like a disaster I will carfully put the boiler back in the box and beg to return it and fix the old C25

Oh the old C25 has as split in the heat exchanger/combustion box so thats an expensive fix anyway

Our client is away for the day and the flat is a top floor penthouse thing so we should be nice and comfortable will let you know how we get on

And if it goes to plan I will have the C25 for bits

Are u gas registered, you having a larf. You need to be registered in this game. Going to install tomorrow will let you know how we get on if you like

Goes straight up through roof no joins within flat roof section

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back