keston celsius c25

:cry:

I've got both, the boiler is really noisy and the hot water cylinder is now leaking !!! and keston only do a one year gaurantee!!!!!!!!!!!
It's disgusting if my install was a new house it would be covered with a ten year NHBC gaurantee

Sponsored Links
Only a few manufacturers do more than one year.

But what's the issue with the Celsius? Noisy = fault, probably.....

Presumably the leaky cylinder has nothing to do with the boiler. Or have you got a Keston Spa rig?

I've installed a few Keston C25s. As has been said, there were early bugs like poor ignition which seems to have been sorted, but otherwise these boilers have performed with few problems. They are a bit noisy, but the flueing system is a big plus if you've got a long or complicated run to negotiate.

chrishutt said:
I've installed a few Keston C25s. As has been said, there were early bugs like poor ignition which seems to have been sorted, but otherwise these boilers have performed with few problems. They are a bit noisy, but the flueing system is a big plus if you've got a long or complicated run to negotiate.

Used to install these up until last year. Unfortunately Keston have an aloof attitude and my customers have complained to me about them. One customer ended up paying well over £400 in repairs on a boiler that was 12-18 months old.

I only install Viessmann/Atag or Glowworm boilers now as a result. All my old customers who have Keston c25s are either moved or Ive recommended them to go on British Gas service contracts.

The size of flue was always the best selling point to me, but I found that the noise of the boilers seemed to be a direct result of the 50mm flue. The boilers I install now have a 80mm flue. Ok this isn't as small, but the boilers don't have anywhere near the noise of the c25's. Its a shame as I do prefer to support British products, but not if the aftersales service lets it down.

Sponsored Links
Now that Keston have seen fit to discontinue the Celsius 25 - sod's law that I now need one to replace one from a tandem installation.

Anyone got access to a new unit or a good s/h one?

please email me on [email protected] if you think you can help

In my experience admittedly mainly on c55's and above they are one of the most unreliable boilers I have the pleasure to work with.

I can think of 3 of them that are installed in a school, only been in 2 1/2 years already changed 3 fan assemblies, 1 heat exchanger and 3 exhaust tubes.

A bank of 3 c55's in a residential home now requires 2 heat exchangers, a control board and 3 exhaust tubes, and only been in 3 years.

They seem to have a terrible habit of eating ignition electrodes every 5-6 months, and the bigger twin units are so cramped you can barely get the electrodes out.

I would look at a broag quinta 45 myself, a much better boiler.

James

Keston have great advertising. They seem to win countless H&V awards. Self builders dream about them.

Those of us that work on them think they are a load of pony.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back