Keston C25 - nobody knows what's wrong with it!

these are flame faliure fault codes i had exactly same problem on one of these boilers, problem fixed by changing ignition electrode and lead (available as a kit).

Sponsored Links
I am unfortunate to own one of these boilers also. I am a corgi engineer and inherited this piece of s**t. Best thing you can do with it is rip out and replace as I am doing with mine. The estate I live on has them fitted to every house and have many people ask who have the same problem. Keston are no help atall!. I wont even get involved with them anymore. Keston know they produced a crap boiler and have now replaced it with the Qudos. Mine is only 4 years old.

Kestons do seem particularly prone to intermittent faults and these by their nature can be very difficult to trace.

I am always very wary of going anywhere where someone has already paid £200 to others who have not fixed the problem. They feel that they have already been taken for a ride and somehow blame me for their susceptability. Unfortunately they would have been happy to pay me £200 initially for sorting it out but I then feel a bit of a mug if I go and fix it for a fraction of what others have charged for NOT fixing! I would not even charge if I could not diagnose the fault. I once charged £125 for fixing a boiler that P------ Plumbers had charged them £506 for NOT fixing!

There is also the other aspect that "London" is a large place and its not feesible to cover the whole area. There is a Government "no-go" area in the centre where you can be fined £100 for just passing through and if you forget to pay they can end up taking away your vehicle.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back