Which Spirit Level Would You Recommend?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
G'day,

I am looking at purchasing a 1-1.5 metre spirit level but I don't know which one to buy. I suppose it's pretty true you generally get what you pay, for so I don't want an el-cheapo but nothing overly expensive. Thus which one would you say is the best value in that category?.

I have been told by a couple of tradespeople to buy one of the following either a empire, stanley or stabila.

Thanking all those in advance who reply.

Cheers
FDU

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
Are you really in Australia?

G'day Sport,

Sure am along with 20 million other people. Why are you so surprised do you think we are always playing in the bush with our boomarang's :LOL:?.

Btw, I did live in Staffordshire for 24 years then 6 in Wales and then emigrated to the best country in the World.

Have a great day
FDU

I'm not surprised that you live in Australia, it's just that this is a UK site so the tools sold here may not be the same.

Sponsored Links
G,day FDU. I'm an Aussie living over in Germany. Go for a Stabila level mate. Most tradesman I've ever known have used them and not that you should ever knock them around but they're tougher than most. You might have to pay a bit more but if it's for DIY and you take care of it you won't have to buy another..... cheers...

I have been told by a couple of tradespeople to buy one of the following either a empire, stanley or stabila.

As it's only a spirit level, why don't you just pick a fairly decent one up from your local wilko (whichever your local hardware store is :LOL: )? :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back