Which type of T-junction connection to use for CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am adding two T junctions to an exisitng radiator to add a new one on the opposite side of the wall. Which t-junction / connection type do you reccomend i use?

1) Soldered join T junction (just a bit worried as the connection is very close to the plaster board wall)
2) Compression T Junction
3) Speedfit Junction
4) Another type?

I am not too bothered about how it looks as it is very low down, and also regarding the heat - the radiator is not the first one in the loop, and I have used all the above connection types before for general plumbing. (PS i have already read the downsides of t-ing off exisiting rads, but in this instance its the best way)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if you must use a tee piece to piggyback rads i always use solder ring fittings and a good heat resistant mat.

as above, but defo NOT speedcrap it looks shi ite and will disintergrate after a few years.
if your soldering is reasonable then solder your tee and new pipe together and then fit to existing pipe soldering the other 2 joints (it avoids a torched wall!!)

Sponsored Links
Damn, why didnt I think of that!? then again i am not a plumber! Will give that a go, thanks kevin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back