Which Van?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to you all.
I am in the market for a newer van and am looking at either a 56/57 plate Vivaro/Trafic/primastar or a swb Transit.
Are there any horror stories about these said vans.Also ant other feedback on these vans greatly appreciated.
Regards
Linkyplumb

Sponsored Links
Only my opinion, but the Transit has it every time....loads of them about, and a dealer on the street corner. Superb Duratorq diesel engines, great to drive, easy to service and parts are reasonable. Poorly painted and undersealed but thats fairly typical of the larger van breed. Just don't mention the Ducato... :confused:

a mate of mine has just bought a traffic stroke nissan i think they are the same van and his mpg is really bad, i`d agree with the transit, or another mate of mine has just bought a merc vito which is powerful and good on mpg not so cheap on parts though, but this can be overcome with non-main dealer parts just as good as genuine, apart from brake pads always go for good pads as some makes wear down quicker than you can put them in.

Sponsored Links
I drive a vivaro (same as Traffic & Primastar), It's ok and I've had no problems. Have to say though that I'd wish I'd gone for a Transit (other two drive them). Just for the simple things like more storage area in the cab with conveniently placed power sockets for sat nav's etc. Prefer the way they drive as well.

56/57 Trafic/Vivaro/Primastar should all be ok, ours do around 34mpg even with the air-con on, we have had very few problems with them, the paint and undersealing is very good everybody loves to drive them

beware older models -pre 54 models had 6 speed gearbox problems, but this seems to have been sorted out

Sponsored Links
Back