Whirlpool 6th Sense (AWM 8123S) stops after 10 seconds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have a Whirlpool (6th sense - AWM 8123S) washing machine - the programs start for 10 seconds, the pump tries to empty and then the door open light comes on. I don't think it can be the door switch since it starts and then stops before there is any shaking of the machine. A click can be heard from the control panel at the top right hand side as the door open light comes on...

Any ideas folks? Sounds to me like the main controls are faulty.

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

DIY Lewis

Sponsored Links
Lewis,

Exactly the same thing happened yesterday with my wifes machine.
I have had the top off.
I have checked both hoses for any blockage. My wife cleaned the filter. Still same thing happens as yours.
We did notice a strange noise 2 nights ago. However we put it down to a coin in the wash, as per usual!! It was an odd vibration on spin cycle.
I read that the concrete block could crack so that was checked with the top off, no problems there.
Where the 2 hoses come in there is a red 'level' of some description with a spring and wire attached. This was surrounded with a bit of lime scale. So i cleaned that up and still no difference.
We have had this machine nearly six years without so much as a wrong cycle. It has been used EVERY day, sometimes several times. We live in a major hard water area so we have have used calgon in every wash cycle. I know this helped reach the magic six. Maybe its a six sense machine as that is when it knows and gives up the ghost!!!! lol

Also i have to point out that our hotpoint tumble condensor pegged it a couple of days ago as well. That isnt too bad as an engineer is coming out due to being less than 12 months old.
(Wifey is beside herself!!)

As for the washing mahine...did you find out what the problems was??

Y

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back