Whirlpool ADG 957 dishwasher, driving me nuts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an integrated ADG 957. It has developed a fault whereby it begins a cycle, drains, fills, then after c.12 minutes, gives it up with a constantly repeating beep and flash.

Various sites suggested this should be the NTC. I've swapped that out and it isnt that.

The next suggested step seems to be replacing the bottom control unit, but as this is more cash I thought I would have more of a look.

Following various forum threads I have cleaned out the pressure switch and checked it is working with a multimeter. No joy. I have watched it fill, and it doesnt struggle, so doubt it is inlet solenoid.

I then read a post about the control unit relay mucking about, so thought I would check that. No luck, I have 240V at the board and arriving at the heating element, perhaps 3 minutes into a cycle, and I can hear the pump working, so it isnt obviously that.

I then noticed that the heating element isnt getting noticeably warm and after 10 or so minutes of 240v being delivered to the element, the water in the sump when the machine faults out is room temp.

So I start wondering about the heating element, and measure resistance. I only have a rubbish multimeter but it was OK to measure the NTC resistance; I couldnt get a reading (other than infinity!) from the element.

So my head is telling me its the heating element, but everything I read on the internet is telling me to change the bottom control unit - hence my query! Do people think I should swap out the unit, or the heater? Or something else entirely for that matter!

Cheers

Paulo.

Sponsored Links
If your machine doesn't have an lcd display a fault code will be displayed by a series of flashes on the start LED. Observe the start LED when the machine stops post the status here. P.S. Infinity resistance on the heating element is a credible sign of failure.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. The flashing is Constant, no pattern, at about half second intervals.

Sponsored Links
What is the machine service number? Check the door sticker...it should be something close to this 8542 957 01010

Try a passive test sequence:
Open the door & select program 1. Switch off the machine. Push & hold the start button in. Switch the machine on while still holding in the start button. Release the start button when the LED starts to flash. At then end of all this what is the status of the program LED's? Which ones are flashing? Count left to right 1-2-3 etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back