Whirlpool ADP8000 F2 code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone tell me how to fix my dishwasher, it bleeps constantly and won't let me select a setting. F2 is flashing on the display, is there a switch or anything simple. The only thing I found on the net is it may have a water leak, where would I look for it, there is no water on the floor.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You won't see any water on the floor. F2 means that there is an internal leak & it has activated the flood protection device (that all dishwashers have). When this happens the program is halted, an error code is generated, & the drain pump runs continuously. Unless you feel brave enough to attempt a DIY repair you need a service chappie :unsure:

I took the kick plate off and on the left hand side there was a clear hose which seemed to have filled the bottom of the machine, I soaked it up with kitchen towel, I turned the machine on and pressed start it made a strange noise for a while but the code has gone and seems ok.
Do you think it will do it again or has that sorted it?
Cheers

Yes it will happen again :(
All you did was remove enough water to "de-activate" the anti flood device. There is a leak & it needs to be tracked down.

Sponsored Links
I have used it for over a week now and nothing has gone wrong, could it have made an error thinking there was a leak?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back