Whirlpool AWM 822 Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of problems with a Whirlpool AWM 822 washing machine. Firstly it will only go through the full cycle when I choose program no. 5. If I choose any other program it will stop just before program no. 5 and I will have to move it on manually before it will finish the cycle.
The other problem is that I don't think it is heating the water. I don't know if these problems are in anyway linked. I could check out the heating elements if I new where they were located ? Any suggestions appreciated

Sponsored Links
In case you have made no progress opn your faulty machine as the post is five days old
It does sound from the symptoms like an open crcuit heater. The heater is situated at the bottom of the tub ( access by removing front cover ) It has three connectors to it. To check heater remove three spade or plug connections and test continuity thru the element it will read fairly low ohms if ok but open circuit if faulty. To remove element unscrew nut in the centre of the backplate of the element this de-tensions the seal and ease out from side to side until your able to completly remove the heater from tub. When replacing insert the new elemnt squarely into the tub as there is locating lugs in the tub to position the element correctly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back