Whirlpool dishwasher DWF B10 - 2 flashes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I love this site - from which I have learnt that the '2 flashes' error I am attempting to rectify means as follows:
F2. 2 Flashes. Water leakage. Floater switch LS6 in drip tray has switched.

I have the front bottom panel off and would warmly welcome any suggestions where the floater switch, or the drip tray is, or what they look like - and how to get the floater switch unswitched!

Or any magic words that will save me from hours at the sink!

Thanks Folks!

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1239124#1239124#ixzz1P2ZPRGr8

Sponsored Links
The "floater switch" is part of the antiflood device....water has leaked onto the baseplate & activated it. Lean the dishwasher forward to empty any water off the baseplate (have an old towel ready). Once the water is out the machine will start again. However you still need to track down the source of the leakage.

Hi Zipper - thanks so much for your reply. This encouraged me to get the whole unit out of its housing and successfully identify and test the floater switch.

For the record, inpite of the '2 flash' error, there was no leak and no fault in the operation of the floater switch. The only problem was that I was getting the 2 flash error and the dw refused to do its job.

By accident really, I subsequently held down the black button adjacent to the flashing light for several seconds, with the result that it cleared the flashing and the dw's relucatnce to cooperate.

Tip learnt along the way - when tipping the dw onto its side so you can remove the driptray/baseplate, refix the four screws and the front plate, or by other means take care not to overload the front foot and cause the frame to bend and the foot to be twisted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back