Whirlpool Eureka Tub guarantee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys - in relation to my previous post about the bearings I've just spoken to a guy who has advised that my machine (AWOD 8140) has the above Eureka Tub and its guaranteed for two years.

Can anyone confirm this? or come across this before?

Sponsored Links
cant help you on that rob, but before buying a new machine, why not go over to consumer action groups website, they will help you getting your machine repaird via the company that sold you it, if one of the big names sold you it, you may find that its not much hard work to get them to fix it free of charge,

be handy if you kept the recipte, but this is not always needed.

the law states that it should be basically fit for purpose, and should last a resonable amount of time.

maybe even try and get a quote from a local washing machine repairer in your home town.

that site helped me when my just over 1 year old toshiba 42 lcd, developed a fault, eventualy after a few emails it was fixed free of charge in my home.

the sog act is a great little law.

Hi Lee, thanks again,

It was a local supplier, receipt stuck on fridge from when they delivered. Will try them and also Whirlpool, been told by other guy who gave me whirlpools number don't let them fob me off, but seems they know its a bit of a problem.

So will def try and pursue it first.

Sponsored Links
good work mate, yes stand your ground, there is no way 2 years is reasonable for a washing machine to last, keep us updated, you aint been unreasonable about a foc repair.

ps the shop that sold you it is responsibe, dont let them try to tell you to take it up with whirlpool, the shop is responsibe!

dont go in all guns blazing quoting laws here there and everywhere, go pay them a visit, explain about your problems and that it is not acceptable for a 2 year old machine, and that you would like it fixed - this should be at no cost to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back