whirlpool washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im hew to the forum and hope someone can help.i have a whirlpool washing machine model no awm6120/3. my problem started when the brushes went i replaced them and it did about 5 washes perfectly the it started sticking and wont finish the cycle it just stops with the cycle ligt flashing aswell as the 0 and 100 rpm lights .

Sponsored Links
If the bottom two spin leds flash there is a drain problem. Perform an emergency empty, remove the filter & check for blockages. If different leds flash other than the bottom two post the sequence (1 being the bottom led, 2 the second...etc, etc).

hi thanks you for your response. on sunday i pulled the machine out and lowerd the pump pipe out side to see if it was working so i put a normal wash cycle on .as soon as it started it pumped water out. then near the end of the cycle it kept pumping out the water until there was no water comming out but the pump keeps going till the machine cuts out then you get the wash led flashes and the start pause button aswell as the 0 and 100 rpm leds

If you lower the drain hose to floor level the machine will siphon, i.e water goes in one end & straight out the other. Did you take out the filter & check for obstructions? Take off the lid & locate this object http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/washing-machines/whirlpool/pressure-switch/134725.htm Take off the rubber hose connected to it & blow down to clear any gunk that may be accumulated there. Alternatively the pressure switch could be jammed on full.

Sponsored Links
hi thanks again,. checked the pump and there was no blockages i pressume the link for the pressure switch is what i need to replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back