Whirlpool wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to wire up a whirlpool tomorrow, and just want a bit of additional info please.
I have searched other threads on this, just want to clarify a few things.
The bath is right next door to airing cupboard, in this cupboard is a shower switch for electric shower.
Is it just a case of me drilling a hole through cupboard, coming under bath and pushing flex through into cupboard, running a SFCU or FCU from the shower switch to join cables?
The shower is protected by RCD in CU, will this also cover me for RCD protection?
some other threads seem to be arguing about a whirlpool needing a seperate RCD?
Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
How are you going to get 2x6mm² or 2x10mm² cables into the load side of an FCU?

good point, thats another thing previous threads was mulling over,
How would you suggest then?

if you must spur off the shower cuircuit then the easiest way is probablly to use a DP mcb in a modular box

the mcb should have plenty of terminal capacity to take 2x10mm in one end then just run suitable cable from there to the whirlpool bath.

Sponsored Links
I forgot to say in original post, another option open to me is the immersion heater is no longer getting used, there is 4mm cable running from this back to CU

That sounds like a much better solution. Unless you can find a passing ring main?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back