White floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning!

My girlfriend and I are just decorating our first house and are about to turn our attention to the upstairs floor. We have wooden t&g floorboards and we want to get a white wash like this:-
https://goo.gl/images/UgnQNj

Nothing pristine and with the grain showing through. We know it's not going to be majorly hard wearing and so we aren't going to wear shoes upstairs.

But my concern is that if I use that technique (1 part paint to 3 parts water) that the wood might warp/cup? The original floor is possibly redwood and I've had to splice in some new pine t&g sections. One of the rooms had been stained in the past and some of the boards in that room had cupped a bit but not in any other room - not sure if it was connected. My new timber has been down for a 8 weeks or so now..
The timber is 10cm and fixed every 30cm(ish)

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 103
Sponsored Links
But my concern is that if I use that technique (1 part paint to 3 parts water) that the wood might warp/cup?
Not likely since it won't be penetrating deep into the wood. You can also buy white wood dye which might be a little more hardwearing than paint.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back