Why are so many pubs closing?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Whilst sorting out my tax returns yesterday, I was surprised to find that in the last financial year, I only spent £6.9k in my local. Well, that was what I spent on my card, and it didn't take in to account cash payments or other pubs.

My local of choice is only about 10% more expensive than the local 'Spoons. Both pubs are up to 30% cheaper than the other local pubs.

I only go to 'Spoons if I am hanging or a job was cancelled en route.

If I am really hanging, it is a choice of a park bench or a 'spoons. - similar atmospheres. Oh and some Tesco Metro stores are licenced to sell tins of beer from 7 AM

A pint of Worthington in Wetherspoons in Cardiff city centre is £2.34. The only three other 'cheap' pubs in the area charge £2.50. £2.90 and £3. It's no wonder the 'spoons is always busy.

Whilst sorting out my tax returns yesterday, I was surprised to find that in the last financial year, I only spent £6.9k in my local. Well, that was what I spent on my card, and it didn't take in to account cash payments or other pubs.

My local of choice is only about 10% more expensive than the local 'Spoons. Both pubs are up to 30% cheaper than the other local pubs.

I only go to 'Spoons if I am hanging or a job was cancelled en route.

If I am really hanging, it is a choice of a park bench or a 'spoons. - similar atmospheres. Oh and some Tesco Metro stores are licenced to sell tins of beer from 7 AM
You really spend that much?
o_O

You really spend that much?
o_O
My life is pants,

I spend about a grand a month in the pub- that equates to 5 to 7 pints a day

During the covid lockdowns, I went from £1k per month to a fiver a day.

It gets me through the day...

Sponsored Links
Back