Why are they never in? RANT!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rant.....

Just had three customers out today, despite them making appointments to be there.

One had the cheek to ring back all indignant, so had to go back again.

I say, if you book the appointment then pi*s off out shopping, you forfeit your right to rebook at YOUR convenience. GRRRR!
:evil:

Sponsored Links
Get it all the time mate, pee's me right off. I've done 80 mile round trips before, only to be called just as I get home to say that they are now in...

i always call them before i leave now. If theyre not in i may leave a card or not dependent on how much i like the look of the place, and ask them to ring back. I certainly dont go around in circles anymore. If they miss an appointment then its at my convenience.

If I can't be sure what time I'll be there, I tell them not to wait in just for me, and I ring before I set off to make sure they're there. If I get there and they have left, IT WILL COST THEM sooner or later. I'll stick £40 on a bill sometime.

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
i always call them before i leave now. If theyre not in i may leave a card

So do I, but if they don't answer, it is policy to call anyway, and if they're out, leave a card.

In "The Tantric Guide to Marital Harmony" it mentions the Plumber's Position.

This is where you stay in for hours and no-one comes.

Thermo said:
i always call them before i leave now. If theyre not in i may leave a card or not dependent on how much i like the look of the place, and ask them to ring back. I certainly dont go around in circles anymore. If they miss an appointment then its at my convenience.

I have to leave a card to prove I've been there. The annoying thing is that if I miss an appointment my company compensates the customer £20. I had one guy ring up kicking off that I hadn't knocked, just posted the card through. I'd actually sat parked across the bottom of his drive whilst I filled out my diary, had a brew and finished my job reports (last job of day, no point heading back to depot early).
I got a job to go back (job included his comments from complaint), no answer. Knocked so hard the door rattled in the frame. There was nobody in so I wrote on card in big letters "knocked VERY hard, three times. Tried home phone number twice, no answer. Left message on mobile voicemail"

Next time I went back he apologised for being out, very sheepish.

We've taken to writing comments like "Dog barking in Front Room" or "Car Reg: XXXXXXXX on drive" or "Green garage door" because some of our customers lie. They swear blind they've been in when we've called. When we say, well, I rang the bell, knocked on the door AND phoned you up and still there was no answer, then they have to admit they've told porkies.

Infuriating.

securespark said:
We've taken to writing comments like "Dog barking in Front Room" or "Car Reg: XXXXXXXX on drive" or "Green garage door" because some of our customers lie. They swear blind they've been in when we've called. When we say, well, I rang the bell, knocked on the door AND phoned you up and still there was no answer, then they have to admit they've told porkies.

Infuriating.
Once I find out the customer is lying then I don't bothered with them as I don't trust them after that.

securespark said:
I say, if you book the appointment then pi*s off out shopping, you forfeit your right to rebook at YOUR convenience. GRRRR!
All time is chargeable. I don't see the point in getting annoyed about it.

Neither we, nor the company, gain anything by the customer being out. We both lose out.

I still don't get it. I don't see why you, or your company, accepts a loss instead of charging for the lost time.

Sponsored Links
Back