Why no water coming from the taps until 10am?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone may know a reason/s why there was no water hot or cold from any of the taps in my flat apart from the cold tap in the kitchen. Around 10am they all started to work again.

The boiler was working fine and the central heating was working fine also.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
this can happen where there is a shared water supply pipe to several flats. When the downstairs flats are using water, there may be insufficient pressure to supply upstairs.

It's more likely to happen in an older building that has been converted into flats than in a purpose-built flat with properly designed plumbing.

If one of the residents has a shower pump sucking water out of the supply pipe it may be worse, and this may contravene water regulations.

Or if it only happened once, a plumber might have turned it off while working.

why there was no water hot or cold from any of the taps in my flat apart from the cold tap in the kitchen. Around 10am they all started to work again.
Did your neighbours have the same problem ?
If your flat is leasehold ask the management company by email,they may of had an emergency plumber working in the building.
Tell the management company of your concerns.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back