WHY was the 'How to service your Boiler' thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DO YOU ACTUALLY READ BEFORE DELETING? It was a Pee take FFS!!!!!

I'm effing sick to the back to teeth of this bleedin place.

Sponsored Links
no DIY gas posts allowed.. even **** take ones.. it encourages idiots to blow themselves up.. even though it's not technically illegal to do your own gas work at home..

perhaps if you titled it "how NOT to service your boiler" and specifically mentioned that is was a pee take and that any advice shown within shoudn't be taken seriously, rather than just post the youtube with no other comments?

Col, did you watch that video or did you just hit delete? There was NOTHING in that post that could lead ANYONE to service their own boiler.... NOTHING!

Col, did you watch that video or did you just hit delete? There was NOTHING in that post that could lead ANYONE to service their own boiler.... NOTHING!

I'm not a mod and never have been..
I had nothing to do with deleting that thread.
I'm merely offering a possible explanation as to why the mods might have deleted it..

I did start to watch it but turned it off as soon as I realised it was american where they are allowed to do that stuff themselves..

Sponsored Links
On the Mod thing I stand corrected Sir. I could have sworn I saw your name on the list!

As to 'did you watch it', the answer is obviously no. It ended with a nuclear explosion Col. It wasn't funny but it IN NO WAY condoned and/or explained gas servicing. It was deleted WITHOUT a Mod actually viewing the material.

like I said, I started to watch it and turned it off after about 10 seconds when I saw that it was an american thing..

and again I'll say it in case you missed the edit above, if you had titled the thread differently, maybe "how NOT to service your boiler", and / or made any comment that it was a pee take video, then the mods might have let it stand..

they took one look at the title, the first few second of the actual video ( seeing it looking like a proper instructional video ) and decided that it breached forum rule 10.. no DIY gas posts allowed..

If I started a post titled "Brutal murder of TV star caught on tape" and posted only a youtube video that looked authentic for the first 30 seconds, only to end with someone putting kermit in a blender, I'd expect to have it pulled also..

no DIY gas posts allowed.. even p**s take ones.. it encourages idiots to blow themselves up.. even though it's not technically illegal to do your own gas work at home..

perhaps if you titled it "how NOT to service your boiler"

I did not write title, that is the title it had on Youtube.

Please tell me how a joke video that contains not a single morsel of intelligent advice will encourage anyone to blow themselves up?

You did not watch the video before commenting/deleting did you, come on tell the truth.

You did not watch the video before commenting did you, come on tell the truth.

oh ffs..

for the last time.. I watched about 10 seconds until I realised it was an american bloke talking and that it was an industrial looking thing rather than a combi sort of thing, then turned it off..
he'd got as far as saying something about pressure gagues..

On the Mod thing I stand corrected Sir. I could have sworn I saw your name on the list!

what list? is there a list of mods then? I've never seen one, does that mean it's only available to mod's? does that make you a mod then Blas?

I watched about 10 seconds until I realised it was an american bloke talking and that it was an industrial looking thing rather than a combi sort of thing, then turned it off..

So, Mr Mod 9, you did not watch the video, but decided to jump to conclusions and delete it anyway. :rolleyes:

Is that what you did with the researcher thread? :rolleyes:

no I'm dyslexic thanks..

I use the spell check occasionally when I'm sure I've spelt something wrong but not usually.. ( on forums etc, I always use it for important documents, emails and letters etc.. )

words with funny extra U's in them throw me quite often.. guarantee being the most common one to throw me..

we can't all be perfect :cry: :oops:

edit: sorry, that should be "mildly dyslexic".. I can read ok if I take it slow but my writing is atrocious and my spelling gets jumbled sometimes.. it's not nearly as bad when typing but much worse when writing by hand.
( hence my C and D in english and english lit, despite A's in science and maths.. hated writing stories by hand and reading crappy books.. )

So, Mr Mod 9, you did not watch the video, but decided to jump to conclusions and delete it anyway. :rolleyes:

Is that what you did with the researcher thread? :rolleyes:

If you choose to think that I'm Mod 9 then you go right ahead, I've told you all several times that I'm not now, nor have I ever been a Mod, but if I cannot convince you then that's entirely up to you..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back