Why

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been in agony with a bad back thats come from nowhere today. Painkillers arent touching it, only thing thats helping is deep heat..........

BUT WHY OH WHY IS DEEP HEAT SO BLOODY COLD WHEN YOU FIRST PUT IT ON???????????????????????

Sponsored Links
Hope you made sure that your hands were really clean before you went for a pee.

I think it's an alcohol based gel which is cold due to its evaporation.

Sponsored Links
That's a new one for down the pub......"Two pints of Deep Heat please".

Been in agony with a bad back thats come from nowhere today.

Have been there many, many times but have always remembered the exact moment that I, through my own stupidity, brought it on. Time was the only healer.

I'm guessing the heat from deepheat isn't realy heat - like chilis...its an irritation that causes your body generate heat as a reaction.

I was using it on a groin injury and accidentaly got a smidgin on my ballbag - took me mind of the groin injury for a while as I dangled my nuts in a pint of water :LOL:

Been in agony with a bad back thats come from nowhere today.

Have been there many, many times but have always remembered the exact moment that I, through my own stupidity, brought it on. Time was the only healer.

stupid thing is as a landscaper im always lifting, digging etc so im always carful. ive got absolutley no idea what has bought this on though! :mad:

Thermo, you have my sympathy. back ache has been with me for many years.

One remedy that works for some of my sudden twinges is to hang by my arms so the back is slightly stretched by the weight of my legs. Arms back and legs all in a straight vertical line gives the best result for me. Also clasping hands on top of a door ( put a cloth to soften the sharp edges ) and bending elbows to lift feet off the ground works but is a strain on the arms.

A gentle twist of the spine to look backwards can trigger as much pain as lifting something too heavy. That I know from experience

I think most people who bend and crouch alot and lift awkward, heavy, fragile things at work end up with back ache eventualy. It hits me at about 3pm which is when I clear off usualy.
I found that a pillow under my calves puts my back right for the next day...that and a hot bath. Ive had it hit me bad at awkward moments when you can't just pack up and go (waters off, stuff everywhere) so I carry some ibuprofen in the motor in the firstaid kit to get me through.

: :LOL:(20) : : :)(30) : : :( (40): : :cry: (50): : ;) 60): : :) (65): :LOL: (70) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
:)

I know you didn't write this Thermo, but I just thought I'd make a few changes to show that it needn't be at all gloomy in later life.

went to the doctor today. ive tweaked a nerve (oh yeah i worked that one out ) and inflammed it. Im on some painkillers and got to keep it moving (which i knew anyway). What gets me is ive suffered from a bad back in different places but ive learnt to control it and deal with it over the years and be carful, but this was in a completley different place and done so easily. :rolleyes:

Just wish i could sleep standing up at the moment. Thanks for the tips chaps, got some very strange looks from the customer today when they caught me hanging from the kiddies swing frame in the garden...cheers bernard! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back