Wickes 2000 Combi boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I've drained my central heating system so I could move the radiators in the lounge. But I'm getting a problem with the hot water since doing this.

I had a shower this evening and everything was fine. I turned the shower off and started to run a bath for my girlfriend, I then heard a loud banging noise from the boiler and the ignition light went out. I switched off the bath tap and then turned the hot water tap on in the kitchen. The boiler fired up ok but after 5 seconds or so made the banging noises again and the ignition light went off. Does anyone have any idea about what the problem could be? I'll be refilling the heating system tomorrow.

Thanks for any help in advance!
Dave

Sponsored Links
Sounds like its OH. Whats the pressure reading? Is the pump running?

Hi, I've drained the central heating system so the pressure is 0. I didn't think there was a pump that ran when the boiler is just producing hot water but I stand to be corrected.

Dave

Did it not occur to you that the gauge might have been provided just because the boiler needs a certain pressure?

Why not refill the water you drained out until the pressure is 1.5 bar?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'll refill it when I've finished the radiators tonight. So you cannot use a hot tap when you have drained the central heating system with a combi boiler?

Dave

Of course not!

If you had thought or asked before draining you could have isolated the boiler and been able to continue to use it !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back