Widening door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 1950s house and want to widen the bathroom door to be full width. Currently it is 100mm or so narrower than the other doors.

The edge of the door we want to expand also forms a 90 degree corner of two thermalite block walls, one of which I am demolishing to combine the toilet and bathroom.

20160829_163959.jpg 20160829_163954.jpg

You can see the edge here. Obviously the door lining will be redone. But my concern there is that the blocks above the door will collapse when i remove the lining. Is this a valid concern? Especially as I am demolishing the adjoining wall.

We ae also redoing the other door linings upstais because we want to rehang new doors the other way around, and most of the lining tops are about an inch out of level due to settlement - the walls are mainly just sat on the floorboards.

Any tips?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back