Will CTI breakers fit Hager Boards?

Sponsored Links
Why on earth would you want them to?

Hager MCBs are readily available.

As are CTI Consumer Units.

Pick which one you like and stick with it.

If somebody has to say 'Type Testing' its me!

purely for cost - £26 in toolstation for CTI
otherwise i'm looking at £40 for a hager from my electrical shop

Sponsored Links
So you'd rather leave an installation potentially unsafe, and certainly non compliant for the sake of a couple of quid?

I can buy Hager RCBOs cheaper than your inferior CTI sh1te, which I would never even consider fitting.

If you owned a ferarri, would you be happy repairing it with parts from a skoda?

Didnt realise that CTI wernt as safe as Hager - i thought a breaker was a breaker :oops:
I thought it was like computer memory where you dont have to use the expensive brands as they all do the same job!
Hager it is then ;)

Didnt realise that CTI wernt as safe as Hager - i thought a breaker was a breaker :oops:
I thought it was like computer memory where you dont have to use the expensive brands as they all do the same job!
Hager it is then ;)

I wouldn't say they are not as safe as each other, the issue is a Hager board has been Fully type tested with Hager MCBs and Hager RCBOs.
Another manufacturers part may not fit the CU correctly.
To stick another manufacturers MCB in there wether it be cheap and nasty or a top of the range one will mean it isn't a fully type tested unit anymore.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back