Will i get an airlock ??

IUK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm about to install a Techflow QT45-2 shower pump, and i'm concerned about the possibility of getting an airlock in the pipework run from the pump to the bath/shower mixer taps. It's all installed in the airing cupboard, the pump, CWS and HWC. The feed from the CWS will be direct downward 22mm, and the hot feed from the HWC via the 22mm 'Techflange' which is a new direct connection to the hot tank. Thing is, the pipework which goes from the pump to the taps, firstly it goes up from the pump about 10 inches (via the flexi hoses), then it has to go down about 15 inches to below floorboard level, in order to go under the floor to get to the bath/shower mixer tap where it obviously rises back up again. Does anybody think it would cause an airlock at the highest part? The alternative would be to run the pipework at the same height from where it leaves the flexi hoses, but that would mean running copper around my bathroom walls 1.5 feet off the ground, extremely ugly!!
Thanks for any advice!

Sponsored Links
the only place you could get an airlock is where the pipes rise from the pump and then go back down again. so i would install two bleed valves.

you say your cws is in the airing cupboard. you either have a big cupboard or a small tank.
if your running a pump you should fit a larger tank or you will run it dry.

Hi, thanks for you reply.. The CWS is around 363 litres/79 gallons, if my calulactions are correct, well the size of it is about 550mm x 550mm x 1200mm, and it sits on a frame directly above the hot water cylinder. Can you point me towards some 22mm bleed valves? Doing a search on screwfix etc for 'bleed valves' only seems to show me radiator-based stuff!
Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back