Will I get ripped off by engineers?

Sponsored Links
Who cares about the sodding food?

So not only do customers think that most tradepeople are cowboys, apprentices do aswell :eek:

Show me some examples Naz - then I'll take you seriously.

Someone seems to forget about the cost of van, fuel. Taxes, trade association registration, upkeep of qualification, new qualifications, courses required, public liability insurance, tools, uniform, bookkeeper, lawer, and any other charges i may have missed,
But of course wages/profits are easy to get on top of all of these, don't forget having to chase payments.
Look forward to you being let loose iron naz in your clapped out transit looking scruffy with no insurance to cover you, enjoy the 15 quid an hour your going to use to put prople out of buisness.

Sponsored Links
Agile sorry to say but most boiler repair men are crooks. .
I never post on this ridiculous forum full of jumped up might never be's.
What a stupid statement. The problem is stupid plumbers who have a grade 4 CSE in geography who limp through a financed based 'any one can pass' gas course who then have the audaciousness to think they can fix hi tec 21st century boilers without any experience or even a basic knowledge of Ohms law because thay have just found out how to calculate the ventilation required on an open flue boiler.

If there was a PROPER engineer qualification, those that can undertake fault finding would earn a decent living FIXING boilers and the rest of you would be fitting guttering & plumbing in washing machines., Custards get ripped off because plumbers dabble in something they know NOTHING about and always assume its the PCB as they dont know their arse from their elbow. .

Naz - my initial impressiohates that you are depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.

However, giving you the benefit of doubt; if you ever become registered to work on boilers I'd like to see you run a business (van, tools, insurance etc, etc) and undercut everyone and still be in the game a few years later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back