will same mixer shower work with different pressures?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Currently I have a gravity-fed immersion cylinder (+ a gas boiler for radiators) and a power shower that is packing up. My aim is to move to a more normal combi boiler setup with a regular mixer shower, however I'm wondering if I can do this in 2 stages rather than replace the boiler and shower in 1 go.

Question - can I fit a new mixer shower now, that will work happily with the pressure from the current gravity fed tank (in loft of 1st floor flat), and then will also work happily with the pressure from a combi boiler when I replace the boiler, probably in a year or 2?

Ta, John.

Sponsored Links
If you get a mixer that works on low pressure systems even then you may still have a lousey flow cause of the head height of your tank in loft to shower.

Can you not save the money and get both done at same time ?

Thanks. I might be able to, it just seems a waste to replace a boiler that is working fine and might have another year or two's life in it. Likewise, seems a shame to put a new power shower in when I'm going to have to replace it as and when the boiler gets changed. Suppose I could try and sell the power shower on when it's no longer needed...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back