Will the throne fit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening folks,
About to stretch the wallet for the new bathroom in my house. Looking at a couple of the closed-couple jobbies but I'm not quite sure if they will fit my soil stack. Currently the centre of the stack comes up through the floor roughly 85mm away from the wall and the back of the toilet pan to the wall is 220mm. So there is roughly a 135mm gap from the pan to the centre of the soil stack.

Would I be able to get the relevant connector - flexible, 90, swan neck etc. - that would allow the plumber to fit it? The current job has a 90 degree connector on it but obviously the distance from pan to soil is less (I think) on the new one.

Hope you can answer that one as the fancy pants plumbing shops didn't have a clue! I would like to avoid messing around with the soil and building boxes etc if possible.

Throne: http://tinyurl.com/peqm8vm

Sponsored Links

For ease of installation a flexi would be the best bet IMHO.
Best to check with the installer beforehand what his preference is.

Thanks for that! Out of interest is there a "minimum" distance between soil and outlet where you wouldn't be able to connect it up without moving stuff around?

Sponsored Links
If you are replacing a low level cistern with a close coupled cistern there is always a problem with lining up the pan with soil pipe. It normally results in a gap between the wall and the back of the cistern. This can be filled with a batten or boxing, then tiled.

Your link shows a 'back to wall' pan which is always more difficult to fit because the installer can't get his hands inside to connect up. Normally( as Charnwood suggests), a flexi pan connector is a good option. Depending on how far the pan exit pipe sits over the soil pipe, you might need a 90 deg flexi.

Personally, (again as Charnwood suggests) I think it would be a good idea to get the installer to have a look before ordering.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back