will worcester combi greenstar 24i junior do?

He didnt recommend this one in particular but just said worcesters where what he feels are the best and mentioned this model as being a cheaper one they do as it was the same spec as my current boiler.
I just dont know at the end of the day money is what its all about and i just cant afford a top end worcester no way.
So is it better to go for a biasi 28he or the advance one with the stainless heat exchanger than an entry level worcester.

My dad tells me his biasi even came with flue kit and clock as standard :D Now that is extra with the worcester.

Basically I can get a biasi 28 for £490 inc flue + clock or the worcester 24 cheapest I can find is £670 and thats without flue or clock. Seems an awful lot more to me if its not that good still.
Im so unsure help

Sponsored Links
worcester ARE NOT THE BEST!! and the junior is the worse of them!

for the money you would pay for a junior, you could spend a £100 more and get a viessmann 26kw combi, get a viessmann installer and have 5 years warranty!!

so much better than a junior!

engineers say worcester and valliant are 'best' because they have large 'brand awarenss', so customers say "oh....i've heard of worcester....they much be good". OR the other reason is that the installer only knows how to fit the '****** friendly' worcester! when actually, the viessmann is easier to fit!

IF you wanna spend a little bit more again, fit a ATAG!

oh, and anyone who actually think 'which?' magazine is actaully 'impartial' is a fool unto themselves!!

If you want a cheaper boiler go with a Main Combi HE, dont deal with a Biasi, is my opinion, and yes the Worcester is better than the best possible Biasi you can buy

In my opinion there is no mileage in paying big money for a combi as long as you have someone who's competent, confident and prepared to maintain it for you long term, Biasi included.

Sponsored Links
i've got probably 25 biasi combis out there and NOT a single 1 has given me hassle in the last 3-5 yrs!

cheap isn't always bad!

i've got probably 25 biasi combis out there and NOT a single 1 has given me hassle in the last 3-5 yrs!

cheap isn't always bad!

Thats fair enough, however ive prob bin to 175 ish in last 3 years, and considering they're not al that popular its a high failure rate, having said that alot of diaphragms, microswitches, motors, thermisters, PCB's, i suppose alll combi's breakdown, just dont like biasi, so wont entertain any of their HE range

The point about the Veissman is a good option

ok well im thinking of forgetting the worcesters then. Trouble is the more you look the more options I see. What about the potterton gold 28he. Im liking the look of that suddenly.

Why do I just know your all gonna tell me pottertons are no good now.

Thanks for all the advice tho guys just so confusing I guess you all have your opinions / favourites.
Oh why cant you just all tell me the biasis are the best things since sliced bread.

If you're imagining there's some magic ingredient one manufacturer puts in over another - there isn't. They're all good and sh*t in equal measure. You could always buy the cheapest then spend the money saved on BG homecare cover if your installer is not interested.

What i dont understand is even different boilers by same company vary on recommendation.
I was looking at thread on here about what boiler to get and I noticed the vokera linea range that i have is a troublesome one which i would obviously go along with but then the vokera unica is supposed to be a top rated one? :unsure:

Really? If thats true it would make sense to swap for that as i presume pipework would be similar so easier and quicker (maybe cheaper) :D to install.

Im just very weary of vokera tho

ok well im thinking of forgetting the worcesters then. Trouble is the more you look the more options I see. What about the potterton gold 28he.
It really doesn't matter a lot. Chances are you are going to choose your installer on the basis of "best quote", in which case even the best boiler on the market is likely to develop problems before too long.

No i already got my installer hes a good plumber and i trust him. He just said he thinks the worcester cdi are the best and that most of the mid price makes are much the same really. I was just after some other opinions. He also just told me my current vokera has done fine really it must 12 or more years old. Maybe i was too hard on the old girl and am thinking about another vokera now if install would be easier i feel guilty now.

No i already got my installer hes a good plumber and i trust him....

...I was just after some other opinions. ....

Seems like a contradiction in terms; you trust him, but not enough to believe what he says.

Suppose it could look that way but no I do trust him just I always like to be sure.
But anyway think ive dragged this on long enough thanks for all your time amd help.
Think I will go for the vokera unica 28he its a bigger one than i got now and also get the system cleaned first and a magna clean installed.
Im sure I can patch up my relationship with the vokeras if they are not actually bad boilers.
Thanks again please dont someone now say vokeras are rubbish or i may cry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back